First Night Pittsburgh 2011 Road Closures
To have a safe and enjoyable environment for First Night Pittsburgh 2011, the following road closures will take place at 10 am on Friday, December 31, 2010, unless otherwise noted.
These are the roads that will be closed on December 31, 2010 so plan accordingly!
- Penn Avenue from Stanwix Street up until, but not including, Tenth Street.
- Stanwix Street from Liberty Avenue to Penn Avenue (parking garage is still accessible from Ft Duquesne Blvd.).
- Sixth Street will remain OPEN with the exception from 8:00pm-8:45pm for the First Night Parade. EQT parking garage and 6th/Penn Parking garage MUST be entered and exited via 6th Street ONLY. Garages not accessible from 4pm-1am.
– Fifth Avenue Extension from Fifth Avenue Place to Fort Duquesne Boulevard for parking garage access only.
- Seventh Street from Liberty Avenue to the entrance of Theatre Square Parking Garage for parking garage access only.
- Eighth Street from Liberty Avenue (Tito Way) to the entrance to the 8th and Penn parking lots for parking lot access only.
- Ninth Street from Liberty Avenue to the Ninth and Penn Garage for parking garage access only.
- All alleys leading into the footprint from Penn Avenue, Liberty Avenue, 6-10th Streets.
- Seventh Street Bridge (will be closed from 10am until 10pm).
The streets will re-open at 1am unless otherwise noted.
Please note the following:
Access to all Pittsburgh Parking Authority Garages and all parking garages noted above will be open and will not be impeded by the road closures, with exception of the 6th and Penn Parking Garage which will be closed after 3:00pm for the safety of all First Night and Cultural District patrons.
Visit firstnightpgh.org for more information.
Happy New Year From Star 100.7!