10 Most Iconic Grammy Moments
Award shows, gotta love them. Number one. They give us closure to the past year in music. Number two. They provide great (and/or debatable) commentary on the big-name stars who dominate the nomination list. Number three. They allow critics and fans of popular music to highlight fashionable, victory and embarrassing moments from an evening of musical entertainment.
From [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Eminem[/lastfm]‘s performance of “Stan” with [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Elton John[/lastfm] to [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Radiohead[/lastfm] belting out lyrics to “15 Step” with a marching band from USC, we present to you 10 unforgettable moments in Grammy history.
10. Kanye West, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, T.I. and M.I.A. performing “Swagga Like Us”
The star power alone made this performance pretty epic. But, when M.I.A. appeared on stage for the chorus to “Swagga Like Us,” it gave the crowd chills. Many were worried the nine month pregnant M.I.A. was about to give birth on live TV. Luckily that didn’t happen.
9. P!nk performing “Glitter In The Air” (2010)
A stunning trapeze act featuring P!nk spinning around on fabric with a final splash!
8. Christina Aguilera performing “This is a Man’s World” by James Brown (2007)
In 2007, we lost the godfather of soul. Christina Aguliera give him a final, amazing tribute the legend.
7. Tribute video to Michael Jackson in 3D featuring Celine Dion, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson. (2010)
Not sure why the video was presented in 3D, but the tribute to Michael was unforgettable. The nation collectively started to tear up with Michael’s kids took the stage to accept their father’s award. Sniff.
6. Daft Punk ft. Kanye West performing “Stronger” (2008)
Whoa, who let the real performers in? We’re looking at you Daft Punk! A glow in the dark spectacle featuring America’s favorite robot pair.
5. Moby, Jill Scott & Blue Man Group performing “Natural Blues” (2001)
Like the title of the track suggests, Moby’s performance was definitely blue featuring the Blue Man Group and Jill Scott’s warm tones. It was a blues-esque performance, in a good way!
4. Gnarls Barkley performing “Crazy” at the49th Grammy Awards (2007)
Dressed as airline pilots, Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse aka Gnarls Barkley performed their popular hit “Crazy” in a dramatic tone, and much slower than the original recording.
3. Eminem and Elton John performing “Stan” (2007)
Potty-mouthed rapper Eminem was joined by Elton John and together they sung the popular Dido sampled track, “Stan.” Epic.
2. Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks (2010)
The phenomenal Taylor Swift shared the stage with Stevie Nicks performing Fleetwood Mac’s “Rhiannon.”
1. Radiohead & USC Marching Band – “15 Steps” (2009)
Not only was their “15 Step” performance with USC’s marching band spectacular, but Radiohead also took home Grammys for “Best Alternative Music Album” for In Rainbows. Much deserved!