EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta!
The largest inland regatta in the United States celebrates a big bash in 2012—35 Years of Roaring River Fun Saturday, June 30 through Wednesday, July 4.
It’s a special anniversary year for the — all FREE — EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta, the tri-state’s largest summertime event. 2012 marks its 35 consecutive year… over three decades of world-class water, land and air entertainment—anticipated and appreciated by over 500,000 people annually… and great things are in store. Expect some new twists to go along with all the favorites that have made Regatta one of the most famous festivals in the United States including:
- 100.7 Star at EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta… Monday, July 2 – we’ll be on hand with games and prizes and LIVE music by The Delaneys!
– Powerboat Superleague North American Championships… for the third consecutive year, Regatta hosts the best drivers in the country all vying for this prestigious title
– A New Class of Boat Racing—Superstock P1… these off-shore, v-hulled monsters will make their Regatta debut for two days of rowdy and thundering river racing.
– In 2011, Regatta featured world champion sand sculptor Thomas Koet and the award-winning sand masters of Sandsational who built the largest sculpture ever constructed in the state. They’re back again… already devising a “surprise sand scene” guaranteed to awe you in every granular aspect of its spectacular size, shape and form.
– Laser Show Spectacular—4 consecutive nights of Lasertainment at the main showcase stage in Point State Park.
– PointSkatePark—ice skating in the summer? Yes you can… on our 40′ x 100′ artificial ice surface… we’ll even lend you the skates, FREE.
– And, of course, to commemorate this grand gala year, a 4th of July fireworks show of pyro-full proportions as Pittsburgh’s Pyrotecnico lights up the night with the EQT “Flashes of Freedom” Fireworks Fantasia one of the nation’s Top 10 displays.
Click here for a printable schedule of events!
For more info, head to threeriversregatta.net