Bullying Prevention Tips for Middle School Students: Cyberbullying
100.7 Star wants to help end bullying and the effects that it causes.
100.7 Star Shine A Light on Bullying program, sponsored by Fantastic Sams and The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School, focuses on helping children and teens in spotting and addressing bullying in their schools.
Here are some bullying prevention tips for middle school students.
To reduce the risk that you are the victim of Cyberbullying:
- NEVER share your password, even with a best friend or boyfriend or girlfriend.
- When available, use strong privacy settings on your social networking sites.
- Do not impersonate someone else online. Let friends know if you think they have been hacked.
- Do not sleep with your phone in your room. You need a break from texting and socializing.
- Do not talk about sex with strangers online.
- Remember that the negative effects of digital actions are hard to undo.
- Block and delete the bullies. Do not retaliate; simply disengage from those who are attacking you.
These tips were published from this guide of Bullying Prevention Tips for Middle School Students provided by Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. Learn more about 100.7 Star’s Shine a Light on Bullying program here.