Bullying Prevention Tips for Middle School Students: What To Do If You Witness Bullying
100.7 Star wants to help end bullying and the effects that it causes.
100.7 Star Shine A Light on Bullying program, sponsored by Fantastic Sams and The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School, focuses on helping children and teens in spotting and addressing bullying in their schools.
Here are some bullying prevention tips for middle school students.
If you witness bullying:
Switch from being a bystander into acting as an ally. If directly speaking up for a target doesn’t feel safe, here are some additional choices:
- Try distracting the aggressor by changing the subject or using humor.
- Engage the targeted student in another activity elsewhere.
- Invite the target to eat lunch or hang out with you. Be sure to listen without judging.
- Send a supportive text to the target.
- Report what happened to the school and ask for adults to investigate and help.
These tips were published from this guide of Bullying Prevention Tips for Middle School Students provided by Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. Learn more about 100.7 Star’s Shine a Light on Bullying program here.